In a year of enormous challenges for the Algarve's restaurants, the first steps are being taken on the tastiest route of the country. From 10th September to 10th October, the Algarve presents this gastronomic odyssey between snacks, traditional sweets or new creations based on traditional products from the region, days on which the Passport of the Route will be the guide for this odyssey, which this year has more than 290 restaurants.
Participating establishments will be challenged to present innovative menus, but with a deep regional brand, both in the products used and in the ways of confection. Over the years, the project has shown a huge commitment and sense of responsibility, in addition to investing in Algarve restoration, and that is how it is intended to be this year.
For 2021, there is the novelty of a new segment of the Route also dedicated to international cuisine, the Rota do Mundo, where they will be challenged to join the Rota restaurants with international cuisines that are willing to present their flavors to the public in a more traditional and genuine way.
We count on everyone to run the 'chapels' and, not forgetting who leads a healthier lifestyle,
we will also have vegetarian options on the menu. The younger ones are also "called" to snack like grown-ups through from Rota dos Môces Pequenes: they accompany parents and family members and, in some establishments, they will find a dish at their “height”.
With the Passport in hand, the petiscadores set off on the adventure and try to stamp as many
establishments possible, which may even be worth prizes. At each stop you will discover a special menu to a very affordable price: Snack + Drink (3€) and Sweet + Drink (2€).
Once again, the bet on quality at a suggestive price will be enough arguments to arouse interest in
discover new restaurants and flavors never experienced before. After all, this is a unique opportunity for establishments publicize their offer and retain new customers.
The passport can be purchased at the points indicated below and its value reverts in full to support social projects.
- Espaço Raiz
- Museu de Portimão
- TEMPO - Teatro Municipal de Portimão
- Casa Manuel Teixeira Gomes
- ADSBA - Associação de Dadores de Sangue do Barlavento do Algarve
- Posto de Turismo de Alvor
- Câmara Municipal de Monchique
- Câmara Municipal de Lagoa
- Câmara Municipal de Lagos
- Câmara Municipal de Silves
- Casa do Povo de Messines
- CASA - Centro de Apoio ao Sem Abrigo (Albufeira)
- Palácio Gama Lobo (Loulé)
- Câmara Municipal de São Brás de Alportel
- Balcão Único da Câmara Municipal de Tavira
- Fundação Irene Rolo (Tavira)
- Centro Cultural de Vila do Bispo
- Centro de Interpretação de Vila do Bispo
- Câmara Municipal de Aljezur
- Clube Desportivo Odeceixence
The entire initiative is promoted by the Teia d'Impulsos association.
We look forward to your visit!
snacks, tapas, portuguesecuisine, algarve, enroute, foodies, foodlovers, portugal